Concerns about sensitive teeth in Raleigh, NC are more common than you might think. Tooth sensitivity occurs when the tooth roots become exposed due to lost gum tissue. Without treatment, the deterioration of soft tissue is likely to continue, setting the stage for more serious problems, including tooth loss. Gum recession treatment with Dr. Michael Richter stops recession, makes gums healthy and attractive, and protects against tooth loss.
Important Reasons to Treat Gum Recession
- Look and feel better
- Stop tooth sensitivity and discomfort
- Protects against root decay, damage, and tooth loss
Gum Recession Treatment Can Prevent Tooth Loss
Is your gum line getting smaller? Do your teeth hurt when they make contact with hot and cold temperatures? Are they starting to look different – bigger than usual or darker around the gum line? These are some of the most common symptoms of gum recession and for many people, it happens gradually. When the gums pull away from the tooth roots, your smile may appear less attractive but loss of gum tissue can also lead to health problems including tooth loss – especially if gum disease is to blame. Dr. Richter uses a variety of techniques and technologies to stop gum recession and restore the gum tissue that teeth need to remain healthy and strong.
- Laser gum therapy
- For gingival recession caused by bacteria, laser is an extremely effective and gentle way to eliminate the cause, stop the progression of disease, and prevent further recession and possible tooth loss. This method is especially preferred for patients with moderate to severe cases of gum disease because of its ability to target disease without causing any additional harm to existing gum tissue.
- The Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™)
- The Pinhole Surgical Technique™ is a new and minimally invasive way to repair gum recession in less time than a traditional grafting procedure. PST™ is a contemporary, patented procedure that can be performed using special tools to safely repair gingival recession right at the target area without the use of scalpels, sutures, or donor material.
- Soft tissue grafting
- Gum grafting is an effective, traditional method used by most periodontists to replace lost gum tissue. This procedure entails attaching the patients' own soft tissue or grafting material from another source to the affected areas around the teeth. Depending on how much gingival recession there is, a grafting procedure may require more than one visit.
Stop tooth loss now. If you have sensitive teeth in Raleigh, NC, call Dr. Richter's office today for your own personalized gum recession treatment consultation.